Predict your next investment

Corporation
INTERNET | Internet Software & Services / Video
bamtechmedia.com

See what CB Insights has to offer

Founded Year

2015

Stage

Corporate Majority - II | Acquired

Total Raised

$1B

Valuation

$0000 

About BAMTech

BAMTech provides streaming video technology, particularly for over-the-top content (OTT) services.On August 8, 2017, The Walt Disney Company acquired a majority stake in BAMTech at a valuation of $3761.9M.

BAMTech Headquarter Location

75 Ninth Avenue

New York, New York, 10011,

United States

Latest BAMTech News

Disney to Buy NHL’s Stake in BAMTech for $350 Million

Aug 13, 2021

AP Photo/Ted S. Warren The Hollywood Reporter reports that the Walt Disney Co. will pay the National Hockey League $350 million to buy the league’s 10 percent stake in Disney Streaming Services, the Disney subsidiary that manages the technology platforms that power the company’s streaming services, like Disney+ and ESPN+. Disney Streaming Services was previously known as BAMTech. The NHL had an option to trigger the buyout this year, and according to Disney’s quarterly report, the league exercised its option on Aug. 3. The deal is expected to close by the end of fiscal 2021. When the deal is complete, Disney will own 85 percent of BAMTech/Disney Streaming Services, with Major League Baseball holding the remaining 15 percent. A spokesperson declined to comment beyond what was in the 10-Q filing. MLB created the streaming technology company in 2015 as an offshoot of MLB Advanced Media, with Disney acquiring a majority stake in the company in 2017. MLB has the right to sell its remaining interest in the company, and Disney has the right to buy it, beginning in 2022. According to Disney, the floor market value for MLB’s BAMTech stake is $752 million. Disney’s struck a 7-year rights deal with the NHL earlier this year, giving ESPN, ESPN+ and Hulu exclusive games, with some Stanley Cup playoff games set to air on ABC beginning with the 2021-2022 season. Read More About: By By By By By

Dec 7, 2020
Joe Inzerillo

Predict your next investment

The CB Insights tech market intelligence platform analyzes millions of data points on venture capital, startups, patents , partnerships and news mentions to help you see tomorrow's opportunities, today.

BAMTech Patents

BAMTech has filed 8 patents.

The 3 most popular patent topics include:

  • Videotelephony
  • Internet television
  • Wireless networking
patents chart

Application Date

Grant Date

Title

Related Topics

Status

6/21/2017

3/16/2021

Network protocols, Videotelephony, Video on demand services, Container formats, Internet television

Grant

Application Date

6/21/2017

Grant Date

3/16/2021

Title

Related Topics

Network protocols, Videotelephony, Video on demand services, Container formats, Internet television

Status

Grant

CB Insights uses Cookies

CBI websites generally use certain cookies to enable better interactions with our sites and services. Use of these cookies, which may be stored on your device, permits us to improve and customize your experience. You can read more about your cookie choices at our privacy policy here. By continuing to use this site you are consenting to these choices.