Missing: Alfy's Product Demo & Case Studies
Promote your product offering to tech buyers.
Reach 1000s of buyers who use CB Insights to identify vendors, demo products, and make purchasing decisions.
Missing: Alfy's Product & Differentiators
Don’t let your products get skipped. Buyers use our vendor rankings to shortlist companies and drive requests for proposals (RFPs).
Latest Alfy News
Nov 9, 2021
Boy, one, suffers electric shock at Gateshead's BALTIC in terrifying incident The family were playing in the BALTIC's 'Learning Lounge' when little Afly is said to have grabbed an exposed live wire 17:20, 9 NOV 2021 Brave little Alfy Bruce was electrocuted at the BALTIC in Gateshead. (Image: Cory Bruce) Sign up for free to get the latest North East news and updates delivered straight to your inbox Invalid EmailSomething went wrong, please try again later. Subscribe We use your sign-up to provide content in ways you've consented to and to improve our understanding of you. This may include adverts from us and 3rd parties based on our understanding. You can unsubscribe at any time. More info Thank you for subscribingWe have more newsletters Show me See our privacy notice A one-year-old boy has been left with horrific injuries after suffering an electric shock during a visit to the BALTIC. Alfy Bruce was playing in the Gateshead art gallery's Level 2 floor 'Learning Lounge' on Saturday, October 30, when his dad says he grabbed hold of an exposed live wire connected to a TV in the middle of the room. Dad Cory Bruce, mam Abi Gillender and Alfy's brother, Jayden, six, were taking part in a family half-term play event when the terrifying incident happened. Cory, 24, from Leam Lane, said: "We were sat playing with the blocks and there is a free-standing TV right in the middle of the play area, right by where the blocks are. "The TV is on a stand on top of a metal floor grate and plugged into extension cables underneath it. "A lady from the BALTIC had asked me to do a survey and we were busy filling the survey out but Alfy was shy so he walked behind the freestanding TV unit that's in the middle of the floor and hid out of the way of her, being shy but playful at the same time. "He grabbed hold of a wire that had been hanging out of the back of the TV like a raw metal cable and he was holding the TV stand at the same time, which was also metal, while he was hiding out of the way. "I saw his feet tense up onto his tiptoes and I had a feeling something was not right. "I ran around and he was frozen with his muscles tensed up holding on to the wire cable getting electrocuted. "His mouth was just wide open and he was staring into space. "I was in hysterics and pulled him off the wire and broke the circuit. "I had grabbed him by his loose jacket and not by his skin otherwise I would have joined the circuit and I would have got electrocuted as well." Cory claims he asked staff to call an ambulance but they refused and instead called their first aider to check Alfy over. He said he drove his son to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital in Gateshead straight away, where he underwent an ECG scan which found that his heart rate was over 200 beats per minute. Alfy, who is one year and 10 months old, was then referred to see burn specialists at Newcastle's Royal Victoria Infirmary after he suffered burns to his hands, where the 240-volt electrical current has passed through his tiny body. Little Alfy Bruce has suffered burns to his tiny hands following the shocking incident. (Image: Cory Bruce) Alfy then underwent another two ECG scans to check for internal organ damage and was kept on a heart monitor overnight. He returned to his home on Sunday morning, but his family say he will need a further hospital appointment to see a skin specialist to find out if he needs a skin graft for the burns to his hands. Alfy's hands have been covered in bandages and his parents say he is "absolutely traumatised" by what has happened. Cory, who works in construction, said: "As soon as Alfy was electrocuted there should have been a residual current detector so that it just cuts the current out as soon as there was a jump in the system - and there wasn't. "There is obviously a clear fault in the electrical system." Parents Abi Gillender and Cory Bruce with sons Alfy and Jayden Bruce. (Image: Cory Bruce) The family has filed a formal complaint to the BALTIC. "I think it is absolutely disgusting," Cory said. "There is a severe lack of health and safety and of care. It's absolutely shocking." Cory continued: "It is something I thought I'd only see in nightmares. "The image keeps playing through my head. It's absolutely awful. "I don't want this happening again." He added: "We want parents to be more vigilant when taking their children places they feel they can trust and that we want establishments to carry out regular and adequate checks to ensure they are safe and fit for children so no other family has to go through what we went through and so no child is put in harm's way." Alfy Bruce had to undergo hospital treatment following the incident. (Image: Cory Bruce) The BALTIC apologised for the incident and said that it is "working closely" with Gateshead Council to investigate why it happened and to ensure it does not occur again. Gateshead Council confirmed the council’s Environmental Health team is leading an ongoing investigation into the matter. The BALTIC said the "affected equipment" involved in the incident has been removed and confirmed that the Level 2 space, where the incident took place, remained open for the rest of that weekend as a result. However, the space was closed from Wednesday, November 3 for a detailed examination of the area, which was undertaken by "independent, expert electricians." The BALTIC confirmed the space will now reopen on W ednesday, November 10, following the examination. Sarah Munro, BALTIC director said: “We are staying in direct contact with Alfy’s father Cory and his family – we understand how much they will have been affected by the incident. "This should not have happened and I sincerely apologise that it did. "BALTIC is taking urgent action to investigate why it happened and we will do whatever we need to make sure it cannot happen again. "BALTIC’s Level 2 floor, where the incident took place, will remain closed whilst we continue our investigation and work with and take advice from independent experts." The BALTIC said it has received 9,372 visits over the half term October week during the ‘BALTIC Family Days’ programmed activities and stressed that the safety of its visitors is paramount. Ms Munro added: "We are here for families and we want our visitors to have a safe, happy and enjoyable experience when they visit. "I want to reassure Cory and his family and all of our visitors that no stone will be left unturned to improve and ensure health and safety at BALTIC.”
Alfy Web Traffic
Alfy Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
When was Alfy founded?
Alfy was founded in 1998.
Where is Alfy's headquarters?
Alfy's headquarters is located at 589 Eighth Avenue, New York.
What is Alfy's latest funding round?
Alfy's latest funding round is Series C.
How much did Alfy raise?
Alfy raised a total of $26.2M.
Who are the investors of Alfy?
Investors of Alfy include Star Ventures, Poalim Equity, Coral Group, AFI Group and TechnoPlus Ventures.
Discover the right solution for your team
The CB Insights tech market intelligence platform analyzes millions of data points on vendors, products, partnerships, and patents to help your team find their next technology solution.