Predict your next investment

HEALTHCARE | Biotechnology
actbiotech.com

See what CB Insights has to offer

Founded Year

2008

Stage

Acquired | Acquired

Total Raised

$12M

Valuation

$0000 

About ACT Biotech

ACT Biotech aims to bring therapies to bear in managing cancer, especially in underserved disease sectors where patient need is acute. Per the company, ACT has launched an aggressive, focused development strategy designed to accelerate delivery of therapeutic tools to respond to the needs of cancer patients.

ACT Biotech Headquarter Location

717 Market Street Suite 650

San Francisco, California, 94103,

United States

415-230-3900

Latest ACT Biotech News

Government Authorities Approve Joint Venture for Cardiac Rhythm Management Business in China

May 28, 2014

Week in Review: Eddingpharm Buys ACT Biotech Assets for Million The Shanghai-based joint-venture company, named MicroPort Sorin CRM (Shanghai) Co. Ltd, is scheduled to commence operations in June. MicroPort holds 51 percent stake of the new firm, while Sorin Group holds the remaining 49 percent interest. The joint venture was approved by the Shanghai Municipal Commission of Commerce (COFCOM) on May 6. The joint venture will allow MicroPort and Sorin to collaborate on the import, sale and service of Sorin’s CRM devices in Greater China and accelerate the R&D and manufacturing of the local CRM products for the Chinese market. About MicroPort MicroPort Scientific Corporation is a leading medical device company publicly listed on the main board of Hong Kong (HK853). The Group focuses on innovating, manufacturing, and marketing high-quality and yet still affordable high-end medical devices globally. With a diverse portfolio of products now being used at an average rate of one for every 30 seconds in over 2,000 major hospitals throughout China and over 20 other countries, MicroPort maintains operations in a wide range of business segments including Cardiovascular Devices, Orthopedic Devices, Electrophysiological Devices, Endovascular Devices, Neurovascular Devices, Surgical Management, Diabetes Care and Endocrinal Management, and others. MicroPort is dedicated to becoming a leading global enterprise capable of providing the best and most affordable medical products and technologies to patients throughout the world. For more information, please refer to www.microport.com About Sorin Group Sorin Group (Reuters Code: SORN.MI), is a global medical device company and a leader in the treatment of cardiovascular diseases. The Company develops, manufactures and markets medical technologies for cardiac surgery and for the treatment of cardiac rhythm disorders. With 3,750 employees worldwide, the Company focuses on two major therapeutic areas: Cardiac Surgery (cardiopulmonary products for open heart surgery and heart valve repair or replacement products) and Cardiac Rhythm Management (pacemakers, defibrillators, cardiac resynchronization devices). Every year, over one million patients are treated with Sorin Group devices in more than 80 countries. For more information, please refer to www.sorin.com Jonathan Chen, Tel: (86)(21) 38954600 Senior Vice President, International

Predict your next investment

The CB Insights tech market intelligence platform analyzes millions of data points on venture capital, startups, patents , partnerships and news mentions to help you see tomorrow's opportunities, today.

Expert Collections containing ACT Biotech

Expert Collections are analyst-curated lists that highlight the companies you need to know in the most important technology spaces.

ACT Biotech is included in 4 Expert Collections, including Pharma Startups.

P

Pharma Startups

6,549 items

Pharmaceutical companies working across drug discovery, drug development and drug manufacturing.

C

Cancer Therapeutics

1,179 items

Pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies with cancer therapy drug candidates.

B

Biopharmaceuticals

5,726 items

Companies involved in the research, development, and commercialization of chemically- or biologically-derived therapeutic & theranostic drugs. Excludes vitamins/supplements, CROs/clinical trial services.

C

Cancer

4,844 items

Companies researching, developing, or offering products & services that aid in the screening, prevention, diagnosis, management, and treatment of cancer.

CB Insights uses Cookies

CBI websites generally use certain cookies to enable better interactions with our sites and services. Use of these cookies, which may be stored on your device, permits us to improve and customize your experience. You can read more about your cookie choices at our privacy policy here. By continuing to use this site you are consenting to these choices.